Sunday, June 9, 2013

Thai Game Fowl

                   

The thai gamefowl is a breed of domesticated fowl - ie chicken - belonging to the asian, or oriental, gamefowl group, which also includes the ga noi don breed of Vietnam, the burmese (aka. pama) of Burma, the asil of the Middle East and India (arguably the oldest of all asiatic gamefowl breeds), and the shamo of Japan.
As its name suggests, the thai gamefowl originated in Thailand. Given Thailand's native name of Siam, the thai gamefowl is also sometimes referred to as the siamese fowl. The Thais, however, prefer their native term for this breed: "Gaichon."
This breed is relatively common in Thailand and small flocks of these birds can be found on most Thai rural farms, where they are usually allowed to free range or to live as semi-feral birds. These farmyard gaichon are often treated no differently from the average egg or meat-breeds of chicken, both in terms of their uses and their value. At the other, much smaller end of this spectrum are the hyper-specialized game farms that breed highly exclusive, pedigreed lineages of these birds. As they are the product of many long years of careful breeding and selection, these gaichon tend to be far more highly valued than their farmyard cousins, with each young bird easily capable of fetching prices of ten thousand baht or more.

4 comments:

  1. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
    mark six

    ReplyDelete
  2. It verbalizes a limitless imagination. I am totally impressed with the factual transformation skill of author used for transforming his thoughts and presented here. Impressed with deep meaning of this article.
    ดูบอลย้อนหลัง

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is great looking. I wonder where can I buy two roosters like this one. Please let me know or direct me to the right place.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete